Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

Willy Nilly Friday Five

This is one of the back roads I like to ramble down. This one has stretches of good gravel, whereas most are more like the red dirt roads mentioned in a Brooks and Dunn song. This is the reason I am now driving a truck instead of a car. Birds have been scarce, so I have been looking for fall color.

This red color is courtesy of a sumac tree/bush. I never know what to call them. 

This nicely colored tree is located across the hay field from my kitchen window.

Below are horses that belong to our famous neighbor. I never heard of him, but those avid watchers of The Amazing Race might recognize his name and that of his brother. They were rodeo cowboys and played the game together.

Before coming here to visit our friends, I had only passed through Oklahoma on a highway in the eastern side. I didn't realize there were so many hills. It sure is beautiful. I miss having orange grass around us this year. I liked taking pictures with the random orange color. A second hay cutting kept it low to the ground this winter.
That's my five. This is country all around where I now live. I truly do live in the middle-of-nowhere and I love it!

Linking to Willy Nilly Friday Five

6 comments:

  1. ...your backroad would be a home here! The orange in the last image glows. Thank betty for stopping by, enjoy the country all around you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beauty of autumn - my favorite is the last photo! I think, your hills and valleys are much bigger than ours and so it is difficult to make a photo of them...
    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some awesome fall color and some great farm animals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome fall colors. - I know the neighbors (well not personally) you are talking about. They were Bull Riders and I loved watching them both.

    ReplyDelete