Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Weekend Roundup - L

The Weekend Roundup

 This week's prompts: Starts with L, A Favorite, and Lonely.
  
Starts with L: This fine looking LONGHORN cow. Her calf was nearby, but sadly walked into the wooded area, successfully hiding from my camera.

A Favorite: While on our vacation, we got to spend some time with family. LUCKY us, grandson's band performed at a football game while we were there. He has the beautiful L, which stands for LINCOLN school, on his uniform.

Lonely: While in South Dakota, we stopped at a scenic outlook prior to entering The Badlands. I couldn't resist taking a picture of this one LONELY tree with the badlands in the distance.


Just Because: I found this LANTERN hanging in a covered wagon displayed in the Wyoming visitor's center.


And Finally: We took our dog son, Gus, with us on vacation. He needed to go potty, so we had to stop. I saw this strange statute of LINCOLN at the first rest stop in northern Colorado. At first I thought he was Elvis.


Linking to The Weekend Roundup

7 comments:

  1. Some good ones here, I especially like the lonely tree …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that longhorn, beautiful animal. Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...'L'ovely 'L's! That 'L'onghorn is a beauty. Yep, 'L'ucky you. That 'L'one tree is great. 'L'antern work for me. Elvis? Thanks Betty for sharing, enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! He looked like he had on sun glasses until I got closer. Thus Elvis. :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful "'", Betty. I enjoy the lonely trees, yours is great there guarding the Bad Lands. So many I see have died and I for sure get their pictures. I'm glad you got to visit family, especially your grandson. He is about to grow up and will become scarce. Three of mine have, Alaska, California, and Washington D.C. I need to stop for a longhorn shot. Yours is great.
    Have a nice week,
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty, Nice "L" photos! I really have a thing lately for cows! I love the longhorn that you have here. The lonely tree is also a favorite for me this week, I really like "lonely" trees in fields, too. Have a good week!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete