Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2018

The Bird D'pot

All photos taken in Southeastern Oklahoma.

I saw this Roadrunner run across the road in front of me and up into a tree. This isn't a great shot, his face is blurry, but I'm posting it anyway. I've never seen a Roadrunner in a tree before, so I grabbed my camera out of the seat beside me and got off this one shot before he zoomed out of sight.

Blue Heron


The Hummingbirds are about the only bird I'm finding these days. They are all avoiding the heat by hiding in the trees. 

Linking to The Bird D-Pot

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Hummingbird photo! I always enjoy seeing Great Blue Herons
    A Roadrunner in a tree! Glad you got a photo
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, especially the last of the hummingbird, which is really great.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. True to their reputation, roadrunners are swift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen roadrunners in trees, but rarely. They're awesome birds! As are all your other captures Betty. Fabulous post. And, as always, thanks for dropping by to add your link this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great hummingbird shot Betty. I guess it's ultra difficult to capture a Road Runner - on camera or for real unless you're an Olympic sprinter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roadrunner in a tree---maybe Wiley Coyote was hiding up there---LOL
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful captures! I'm always excited when we see a roadrunner when we're down that way. Never seen one in a tree before though. Love the hummingbird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, all three are great birds. The Roadrunner is a favorite of mine. Love the heron and hummer. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the road runner. When we stayed with our friends in Mequite a couple of years back they said watch out for the road runner, everybody saw it except me 😒 Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. the roadrunner is a bird I would love to see. But probably never will. It is so interesting in apperance.

    ReplyDelete