Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday Critters

This silly dilly decided to inspect the interior of a live trap even though it didn't contain any food. He was stuck, so took advantage of his problem and snapped a few pics before he was released. Hopefully Mr. Armadillo learned an important lesson.

A Green June Beetle was seen walking across the porch. Gus followed him, but wouldn't get too close. I don't blame him. this guy is a bit scary.

Mr. Big Bad Bull was staring at granddaughter as she was taking pics of a scissor-tail flycatcher. She then turned the camera on him. He didn't look very happy. Photo credit to Granddaughter who loves taking pictures like her Grandma.

I took Granddaughter for a back road ramble with her camera while she was here visiting. We stopped when we saw this Great Egret on the far side of a pond. I tried to get a halfway decent shot, but he was so far away it didn't turn out very well. After I uploaded the pics onto my computer, I discovered a surprise. Feral hogs! I didn't even notice them through the viewfinder. I guess I thought they were rocks or something. Pleasant discovery.

Linking to Saturday Critters

10 comments:

  1. Hello, wonderful critter post. Such a neat variety with the armadillo, green bettle and the cool capture of the bull. The egret and hogs was a nice surprise. Great series of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks also for the comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...an Armadillo is not something that I will see here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely zoom lens capture . Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible find. You & me, both, today had surprises!! Loved all your photos Betty. And would you look at those TOENAILS on the armadillo? My gosh...lethal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great series of photos! Really good portrait of the Bull!
    Interesting to see the hogs
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bull just projects power and strength.

    Armadillos look like such characters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see an Armadillo, glad he was a bit daft in walking into the trap :-)
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. The armadillo is my favourite! Nice to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Armadillos sure are strange looking creatures. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The armadillo looks humiliated! :-) Nice-looking bull. Great shots, all.

    ReplyDelete