Pages

Friday, July 13, 2018

The Weekend Roundup - B

Yay! I made it back in time for this weeks roundup. We sold our house in Illinois, so we have been up there getting the house ready for the new owners. We are officially residents of Oklahoma. I'm glad to have that huge job finished. 

Now on to this week's prompts: Starts with B, A favorite B, and Building.

Starts with B. Bear starts with B. This guy hangs out on the lawn of a house high up on a hill. I believe he was created by a chainsaw artist.

Favorite B: Band is a very nice B. Granddaughter just returned from Europe where she was a member of the Ambassadors of Music tour. They played concerts in England, France, Switzerland, Austria, and Germany. They also took a day trip to Venice, Italy. What a wonderful experience to have during the summer between high school and college in the fall. Her summer job is playing clarinet with a local community band. It was a fun evening in the park.

Building: This courthouse is in downtown Dallas. When I still worked in Dallas, I got to monitor a trial in this historic building

Just because: How about a Buzzard? A not so pretty B, but still a B.

And Finally: How about a picture of my favorite BOOTS. I wear them a lot more in Oklahoma than I did in Illinois. Good for avoiding snake bites. :)



Linking to The Weekend Roundup

5 comments:

  1. Again nice "B" pictures, Betty. I am happy for you, I know you are bursting with pride over that granddaughter. I'm glad she got to see Venus. Congratulations on selling the house, our former one we came down a whole lot more again, it soon will be three years on the market. It HAS TO GO. Nice Bear and Buzzard and Boots. We have those birds here a lot. So does Oklahoma too I think. My feet are too bad off to wear them, doctor's orders to wear athletic shoes and arches all the time. I wear black walking shoes for dress.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Betty, Bs I would not have thought of! I must say that wearing boots to prevent snake bites doesn't sound like the place for me! Thanks for stopping by, I hope to c you next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only when walking through tall weeds, which I don't do often. I have seen 4 snakes so far this year and they were all slithering across the road.

      Delete
  3. The courthouse is quite impressive! I've seen a chainsaw artist at work, and they're quite skilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty! You must be proud of your granddaughter, being able to travel abroad with a band. Congrats to her! I love your boots! And, the building is beautiful! "B" seemed to be a good letter this week for many of us!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete