Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2018

The Bird D'pot

These barn swallows were inspecting our porch. I'm sure with the idea of building a nest. One ended up trying to fly inside through the window. It flew away, so I'm hopeful it is okay.

I believe I have this one identified correctly. Indigo Bunting in transitional plumage. 

Gus took me to the park where I got to see this snowy egret wading in the shallows.

Mrs. Bluebird stopped by for a visit. She must have been taking a break from the nest.

 This cardinal was perched on the top of a dead tree. I thought he looked nice against the blue sky.
Happy Mother's Day!

Linking to The Bird D-Pot

8 comments:

  1. I love the barn swallows!
    There are so noisy and can care for the little ones so well!!
    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of photos. Hope the swallow is OK and I hope they build a nest so we can see the babies :-) Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! One of my favorite birds is the cardinal. I can't help myself favoring that one.

    Thank you so much for taking time from your day linking up at I'd Rather B Birdin'. It's always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely birds Betty. In awe that you were able to get such good pictures of the swallows -- they never seem to stop ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that the Barn Swallow that flew off is okay. All too often when they seem to be okay they have internal injuries or a broken bill. We put little dots on our windows to break up the outline of the reflected landscape so that the birds don’t fly into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen the barnswallows arriving but not if they started to nest. Love your shots!

    ReplyDelete