Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Tuesday Treasures

My treasure today probably wouldn't be considered a treasure to anyone else. It is my walking stick. I paid $10 at a flea marked. The leather and wooden beads were added later. The souvenir tags represent most places DC and I have visited in the last couple of years. It has walked a lot of miles and should be good for many, many more. I like the support it gives me on hikes, but now that we are in rattlesnake/copperhead country, it could be a snake whacker. Although DC insists I carry a pistol for that. I hate to tell him I would probably miss the snake with the gun. I would be more likely to make a bite-free getaway by distracting him with the stick. The best scenario is not to see a snake at all.


Linking to Tuesday Treasures

8 comments:

  1. Hi! Very interesting post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, love to hear the story this walking stick might tell. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good walking stick! Snakes usually scatter as we approach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...keep walking, that's a treasure enough. I should go to flea markets with you! Thanks Betty for sharing, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to have a good walking stick when out hiking ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. A walking stick is a must when hiking. Love the decorations
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  7. How could I miss your post? !!!
    I really like your walking stick!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete