Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday was a beautiful day for a back road ramble, so Gus and I climbed into the truck and took off. It was a productive birding day. I saw a blue heron, great egret, wren, blue jay, redheaded woodpecker, scissor-tail flycatchers, northern shovelers, geese, and the list goes on. I wasn't able to get pics of all of them, but it sure was a treat to see them enjoying the spring weather.

While chasing a scissor-trail flycatcher, we turned down a lane leading to a cemetery. It has a very nice entrance. Curious, I decided to check it out. This cemetery has a large pavilion where I assume all graveside services are held, providing shelter from rain and the hot summer sun.

A few feet away stands an outhouse. Convenient, but the doors are broken and appear not to close at all since the center section is on the ground. Note there is plenty of tissue for anyone who wants to give it a go. :)

After seeing this house of convenience, I am truly thankful for indoor plumbing and doors. 

Happy Thursday!

Linking to Thankful Thursday

10 comments:

  1. ...cemeteries can be interesting adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am thankful for indoor plumbing too. Your outing sounds great, nice bird sightings. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the angels guarding the entrance
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful...what a great decision to chase that bird!! outings like these are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We live in the best of times . . . and the worst. Yay, for indoor plumbing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My great grandmother had also a "small house" back in the garden! What a life! But they were happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, there are many houses here in France with outdoor loos still but things are changing :-) Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s good sometimes to be reminded of the things we take for granted ! I’ve been chasing swallow-tailed kites for a month here ...with no luck photographically, but they are wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen an outhouse in years. Brings back memories of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On occasion I will see an old outhouse around our countryside, but this one looks ready for use! lol Thanks for linking up today and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete