Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Weekend Roundup - Q

Today's Challenge: Q, A Favorite, and Quiet

Q: Quarter ring. This is my wedding band. DC's is the same. When you decide to marry at our age, there is a lot of water under the bridge. We wanted to get married somewhere neither of us had been with anyone else. We chose Wyoming, picked a date, and then started looking at rings. I saw an ad for quarter rings on Facebook. Viola! Rings were chosen and at a very reasonable price, too. We were married at the Crook County Courthouse in Sundance, Wyoming. Sundance is where The Sundance Kid was from. It was a good fit. Love and Humor is a great way to start a marriage.

A Favorite: This was taken at Oaklawn racetrack in Hot Springs, AR. Note the quirt which is used when urging the horse to go faster. In this case, he didn't need it. He was way ahead of the pack.

Quiet: On our way to get married in Wyoming, we stopped at The Badlands in South Dakota. DC sat quietly, admiring the barren beauty. I hope he wasn't planning his getaway. 

If so, it didn't work. :)

Linking to The Weekend Roundup 

14 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Sundance, but I've seen the Dakota Badlands. Stark and beautiful, which comes across in that shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. on quiet - obviously not...what a beautiful spot!!

    i like your favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your last photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't this wonderful! I remarried by my mom's lake! This is a fun post!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The last photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful wedding ring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...I know that I often live in my own little world, a cave perhaps. A quarter ring has never hit my radar screen, neat! Also I haven't heard the term quirt is a long time. Quiet, you nailed it! Thanks Betty for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful true life story but what i do not understand is the date 1890! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun weekend roundup shots and choices. Never heard of a quarter ring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty,
    Beautiful photos this week in your letter "Q" post! The quiet picture sure looks peaceful, and the horse is gorgeous! Have a good week.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ring is so cool - a ring is a symbol of love in any metal! The horse here is so magnificent! The mesas, hills and plateaus in SD look tough, but so lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Betty, for the Badlands pictures. I take it that Hubby didn't run away. Good. It's been a while since I've seen them, I grew up in Nebraska and Mom was born in Presho, South Dakota. Quirt is a work I didn't know for a long, long time although I rode a horse to high school for my first two years, we didn't use them or spears for riding our horses. Kentucky Derby is coming Saturday, those horses like the nudging they get with the quirts.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm sooo late in coming. I did post though, my "Q" was for Queen Bee. I've had a really busy week. And I'm retired, that isn't supposed to happen.
      ..

      Delete