Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Week in Review

Saturday 12/23/17

Took a drive into Ada for groceries with a drive down the back roads on the way home. I saw 3 hawks in different areas, but only one felt like posing.

Red-tailed Hawk


I stopped to take a picture of another hawk, but he flew. I looked on the other side of the road and saw these cows staring back. I think they were wondering if I might be a new food lady.


Sunday 12/24/17

We spent a quiet Christmas Eve at home. This is the first time I haven't had my daughter and family home for the holiday. I missed them. The sunset was beautiful, though. This is the view from my kitchen window. I did get to talk to my son and grandson from TN, which was really nice.




Monday 12/25/17 

We spent Christmas Day at the EE Ranch. The lady of the house came down with the flu while visiting her daughter for the holidays, so she wasn't home. I volunteered to cook Christmas dinner. 

On the way we saw this cow wandering along the side of the road. Yes, she was on the wrong side of the fence. Obviously looking for the greener on the other side she had heard about.



Santa met us at the door.


After dinner, we watched a movie.


Good food, good friends and a warm fire. Life is good.

Tuesday 12/26/17

Drove into Ada. It was laundry day. I thought I would hate going to the laundromat, but I'm getting used to it. This one has an attendant. She keeps the place clean and tidy. Plus, there are TVs with music videos. Country music, of course. Nice! 



Wednesday 12/27/17

I started a quilt last month. All the pieces are cut and ready to sew. I'm not a talented quilter, so always choose the easy patterns. I'm making a 4-patch. I finally got my sewing machine out to start putting the quilt top together. As I worked on my quilt, I noticed this Meadowlark in the grass. Of course I stopped to take a picture or two through the window. 



Thursday 12/28/17

DC took me out for breakfast in Ada. Although I looked for my lost glove before, we drove back down the same road one more time. DC even got out of the truck and walked down the side of the road. Still no luck. When we got home, I decided to tidy the truck. When I took out the rug we keep to protect the console from Gus's claws guess what I found. That's right, my glove! Glad to have both gloves accounted for since the weather was about to turn really cold.

Friday 12/29/17

It is the week for finding things. One of our friend's calves decided to take a walk to find her family. Well, she has been discovered on a neighbor's ranch. Ms. 38 almost made it back to her mama, but stopped to make new cow friends about half way there. 



This is a closer pic of 38. 


DC and RE loaded the young lady up and took her back home where she has a newly enforced fence to keep her from wandering away again.

Linking to Saturday Critters




6 comments:

  1. Hello, I love the cute cows, they have the sweetest faces. Great sighting of the Meadowlark, they are beautiful birds. I love your pretty sunset, gorgeous views. I am glad you had a happy Christmas, although you were missing your daughter. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. I appreciate your visits and comments this past year. I wish you all the best in 2018, a happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hawk and cows...but my favorite were the meadowlark shots! Beautiful! Looks like a great week! Have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your day to day account and nice pics to go along with...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. We used to use a laundry when I was a kid - always saw the same people - felt a little bit like a community!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are certainly keeping busy and seeing some beautiful sights! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice daily account of life for you in Ada. Happy New Year
    MB

    ReplyDelete