Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2017

The Week in Review

Saturday 12/16/17
Beautiful sunrise. 

Dust from a truck travelling south. We sure could use some rain.


Sunday 12/17/17
We woke up to fog. This is the view from my kitchen window while making coffee.


When I went back for a second cup, to my surprise, this was the view from my kitchen window. I asked DC if he knew we were going to have cattle grazing around us, but he hadn't heard anything. 


Unsure whether or not these cows were escapees or supposed to be here, I sent a text to our landlord. She said the cows were trespassing and they were on their way. 

Seems there was a gate open between this property and the property to the west (where they were not supposed to be either). They asked us to watch and if they went back through the gate to close it. 

Soon they wandered through the gate and DC went to close the gate. Gate successfully closed.


Later we rode over to BE and CE's house to see their new calves. On the way I saw a Blue Heron standing hip deep in a pond we were passing. I screamed for DC to stop and I hopped out with my trusty camera to sneak back. Sadly, he flew. As I was looking for another photo op at the pond, I saw DC motioning me to come and pointing toward the south side of the road. I sneaked back and saw this armadillo. Now they are normally dead on the road, but I have seen 2 live ones running across the road in front of me. However, they ran into the tall grass before I could snap a pic to prove they were alive. So I did not let this opportunity pass. I snapped several headless pics and then started calling out, whistling, and DC even honked the truck horn. Still that silly animal kept rooting. It was as if he couldn't hear us. Finally we gave up. But at least I had proof there are actually living creatures.


When we arrived, I found Little Bob inspecting the newly installed cattle feeder. 


And then I saw the new calves. Nice looking critters! Their names were still 37 and 38. The E grand kids will eventually name them. 


This is 38 enjoying the hay. Sadly, she disappeared sometime in the night. Now only 37 is left. Hopefully, 38 will turn up in the neighboring pasture. As of today, she is still missing.


Monday 12/18/17
We drove into town for breakfast and saw Scout guarding the perimeter at the EE ranch.


Tuesday 12/19/17
Laundry day. Since we are living in our RV for the winter, I'm remembering what it's like to do dishes without a dishwasher and do laundry at the laundromat. I drive 16 miles to a pretty nice laundromat, as laundromats go. I like to go early before the rush. It was another foggy morning with some rain.


Wednesday 12/20/17
It was overcast, but in the mid 60s, so decided to take Gus for a walk down to the back pond. He liked running and stopping to sniff all the strange smells and then running again. Being a city dog, he isn't used to the freedom. Gus is loving it here.


Thursday 12/21/17
Absolutely gorgeous day. Mid 70s. Had errands to run in town. On the way back I stopped by the Double E. They were hauling hay. 


Friday 12/22/17
Poured down rain all day. Braved the weather to go grocery shopping. Must have food for our Christmas meal. We will have a guest. In the evening, we were invited to a Christmas meal with friends. Fun time.

Merry Christmas!

Linking to Saturday Critters






6 comments:

  1. Hello, wonderful variety of critters. I assume they could easily round up the escaped cattle. The colors of the grasses on the fields looks beautiful. I love the cute dogs and kitty. Your sunrise photo is gorgeous. Thanks so much for your visits and comments on my post over the past year. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. I appreciate your visits and comments too. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely critter shots ~ favorite are the kitty and doggies!

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Betty, what fabulous shots! I would never think that a row of power poles could look so nice. The bare trees and the reddish-orange grass are beautiful. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that most of us have seen far more dead armadillos than live ones - but they are fascinating creatures. I could probably count on two hands the number I have seen live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots out your windows. Hope the cow turns up. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed ALL of these...you sure got some great photos. I love that dusty road one, probably best of all. But really, really liked the others, too.

    ReplyDelete