Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Week in Review

9/10/17 - Sunday
Opened a couple of Coronas with a slice of lime and put steaks over the fire pit. I'm still learning how to cook over an open flame, so they are a little seared on the outside. They may look a little dry, but they were tender and tasty. 


9/11/17 - Monday
Daughter's birthday. This is a day for remembering those who died senselessly, but my daughter gave us good memories for this day. 

We all remember where we were on this day. I was working in my office at home when son-in-law called to tell me to turn on the TV. He had taken the day off work to take his wife, my daughter, for a day of fun on her special day. Needless to say, the day was spent watching this tragedy unfold.

9/12/17 - Tuesday
Uneventful here, but Sonny Boy and Wife T arrived in the Florida Panhandle for some vacation fun. He forwarded this picture to me. I like to vacation vicariously with him. Awesome view!

9/15/17 - Wednesday 
Lunch at Stadium Grill and then a quiet day at home.

9/14/17 - Thursday
Took Gus for a walk at Lincoln Log Cabin Historical Site. He gets tired of me stopping to take pictures. I think this is his, "Would you hurry up?" face.

Gus always likes to stop and chat with the pigs. This guy wanted to chat with me.

Fall colors are everywhere.




9/15/17 - Friday
We looked at the calendar and realized it won't be long until we leave for an extended visit to Oklahoma. So today I cleaned the carpets in the RV, washed the bedding, and inventoried necessities, such as shampoo, toothpaste, etc. I'm starting to get excited. I love road trips!

9/16/17 - Saturday
Daughter came down for a visit. I talked her into going to the fabric store with me. I am going to make a quilt and needed fabric. I have a fun picture to match. Actually, there are 4 of these pictures to be incorporated into the quilt. I had trouble deciding on colors. Fortunately for me, one of the girls from Gus's vet clinic happened to be there. She was very helpful. This is the final result. If anyone has any quilting expertise, sure could use some advice on what pattern to use. I'm not a very good quilter, so I'm thinking strips of the light color around the picture and the rest a 9 patch pattern.

Later, we streamed A Man Called Ove on Amazon. Fun day!

2 comments:

  1. Nice busy schedule. I love the fabrics you bought - they go so well with the picture. I've found that dark borders on quilts such as this do set the pictures off very well. Can't wait to see how it comes out - love the picture.

    ReplyDelete