Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Cows

I love taking pictures of critters and the first critters I saw, other than pups, were cows. Where we live in Illinois we have lots of grain farms, but very few cattle and/or horse ranches. Whereas most may not enjoy taking pictures of cows, it was a treat for me.

Black Angus seemed to be a popular choice.

My previous visits to Oklahoma were in the northern part. I was happy to see the rolling  hills in the southern part. 

Curious calf.

Being so close to Texas, I expected to see more Longhorn cattle and we did see some. This guy is the wrong color for what I know as Texas Longhorns, but he is quite handsome. Sadly, I couldn't get him/her to turn around and pose.

This is more what I think of as a Longhorn, but she wouldn't turn around either. The story of my critter picture life. 

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading about your trip. But those critters just don't like to pose for pics, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you were just on a trip and nothing wrong!

    ReplyDelete